Here is what we need to get started
Welcome to TouchPoint Property Management! You're on your way to having a worry-free rental experience.
Here is what we need from you to begin the Property On-Boarding Process:
1. Sign the Property Management Agreement:
Fill out and Sign the "Property Management Proposal and Agreement" we emailed you.
Complete IRS Tax Form W-9:
This form is included with the PM Agreement.
At the end of the year, the IRS requires our firm to file a 1099 form for you to report your income from the property.
- If you own the property in your name,
- Provide your Social Security Number
- Disregard the field Employer Identification Number. (insert xxxxxxx in that field)
- If the property is currently deeded to an Entity... such as an LLC or Trust
- Provide the entity's Legal Name
- Employer Identification Number.
- Disregard SS# in this case. (insert xxxxxxx in that field))
- Send us LLC or Trust documents for our file.
3. Complete the Property Intake Form:
Click here to fill out and submit your Property Intake Form. Fill out one form for each property.
4. Fund your Owner Portal:
Once you submit the online Property Intake Form and Management Agreement...We will send you an email that will allow you to log in to your TouchPoint Online Owner Portal and fund your
- $150 One Time Setup Fee
- $500. Maintenance Reserve
Note: The Maintenance Reserve is not a fee...it is your money that we hold in your rental account if we have to perform maintenance or repairs on your property. We first get your approval for any repair over $500.
5. Landlord Insurance
Provide us with a copy of your Landlord Insurance (AKA Fire Policy) listing on the policy:
This will provide liability coverage for your "non-owner-occupied" property and our company as well. We hold all necessary insurance as well.
There are two reasons that we need our company listed on the policy as additional insured:
1. At no charge to the Owner, it will provide our company with coverage if anything that is out of our control happens. Yes... We do have our own insurance, but more insurance is always better.
2. If there is some fire or flood-related issue on the property, we will need to make a claim with your insurance company on your behalf and follow through with the repair for you. Having our name on the policy will allow us to talk to your insurance company for you. It's better for you to get this done in advance so we can act quickly if this ever happens.
We require all of our Tenants to hold "Rental Insurance" policies, which we will try to make claims against where applicable before we make any claims on your policy.
6. On-boarding call with your Account Manager:
7. Provide us with Keys, Remotes, and Fobs:
Please deliver to our office At least one front door key for us to gain access. We will also require all miscellaneous keys, remotes, fobs, access cards, and mailbox keys.
6404 Carmel Rd, Suite 201 Charlotte, NC 28226
Please feel free to mail or drop them off at our office. Place them in our front door mail slot.
8. Team Communication:
Email is the preferred method of communication, as we can check email even if we are on hold on another call.
We will respond to any non-emergency email inquiries typically in under 1 hour, and if you need us to call you....simply send us an email including your desired callback time and the subject matter, and we will be sure to call you at the confirmed time.
- Our team shares one email address, which is:
***Please be sure to add this email address to your email "allowed" or "white list" to ensure that our email doesn't go to your junk mail or a spam folder.
In some cases, our team may also send system-generated SMS text message notifications.
9. The Next Steps (Preview)
Here is a preview of the next steps after your On-Boarding call with your account manager. Please don't hesitate to go over it now or after your onboarding call.