Consider Allowing Pets
This article will go over what to consider when deciding on allowing pets into your rental property
What we find is that 70% of the renters searching for rental properties online have at least one pet. So the Owners that allow for qualified pets actually increased Demand on their property and as a result experience the following:
- Increased market demand for your property
- Rent faster
- Rent for better prices
- Receive more rental applications allowing us to pick and choose from multiple applicants.
- Less turnover and more lease renewals. Renters tend to stay longer when they find a home for their pet and more often renew their leases...which reduces your vacancy expenses and increases your profit margins.
- By allowing pets, tenants will not need to sneak their pets and let them go undetected.
- By Allowing pets, tenants will not need to circumvent our approval and management systems and go to any of the 100 websites that provide Service Animal Certification for just $50....which will make it illegal for you as the Landlord to refuse their Service Animal regardless of size or breed.
To protect your property and reduce liability:
- We use a third-party pet screening service called PetScreening.com that thoroughly screens the pet by collecting and reviewing the pet's records and references so we only allow low-risk pets. With this process, we find that we rarely have any pet-related issues in properties with qualified pets and tenants.
- We will not place any dangerous breeds or pets that are too large for the property.
- TouchPoint collects a monthly pet fee from the tenant and offers the owner a pet damage guarantee equal to one month of rent over the security deposit for any pet-related damages. To avoid Pet-Related Damages TouchPoint goes above and beyond the scope of what a normal Property Manager would do to screen and approve the pet and does periodic surveys to confirm that the tenant is following pet-related rules to avoid pet-related damages or violations.
- Upon move out, our tenants are required to get a professional property cleaning which includes Carpets and HVAC ducts.
Because of this... we encourage our customers to allow qualified pets. This way we can run a background check and qualify the pet and manage them correctly and help make your property more profitable for you as the Owner.